Submissions to AV etc vendors

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by CloneRanger, Jun 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

I wish they would make it more consistent, and therefore easier/quicker for people to bother sending them samples. Maybe more would if they did ;)

Avira today 7zip submission

Prevx recent Zip submission

Note: ZIP archives will be rejected by the mail server
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=275206

What's so difficult about accepting both 7zip and ZIP ?

2. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yeah I notice many forum posts on company sites about ZIP files. The thing that really drives me crazy though is many company's do not accept URL's pointing to Malware Files. I don't want to download the sample to my machine I just want to submit it to the vendor :cautious:

3. 1000db

1000db Registered Member

I like F-Secures sample submission system. It is an http upload system that doesn't require you to zip or email the sample. They if it is malicious they add defs for it pretty quickly.

4. markusg

markusg Registered Member

make an txt file, put the url in and all is nice.
    and why you can not create an rar archive... i can not see the problem.
    i
    @CloneRanger
    you send more when 25 files i think? it looks like avira do not want more as 25 anymore. :)
    i personaly send all per mail, so i can send to 40 vendors at the same time.

5. Ibrad

Ibrad Registered Member

Yes but sometimes it is bots that are checking each file once submitted. I will however test with a few vendors soon and see what happens :D

6. Pedersen

Pedersen Registered Member

We all appreciate your help by submitting ;) ZIP archive should be accepted by immunet, actually we like to receive zip archive more than exe files ;)

Cant speak for the other but carry on submitting, its make the world more safe for us all.

If any of you frequently submit malware, pm me, we would appreciate it much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.