Stupid question about SAS

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by MikeBCda, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

I've had for quite a while now the free version of SUPERAntiSpyware, and scan with it once a week. And since its defs updates are the entire database, rather than incremental, they're fairly big and therefore I usually don't bother updating other than just before my weekly scan.

Is there any way of starting up SAS with its full GUI interface open, the same as MBAM? Possibly a parameter added to its command line in its shortcut? Or is working with its tooltray-icon menu the only way? Admittedly anything I'm likely to want to do can be accessed from that menu, but I'd like the full interface which would make it simpler to do several things in sequence, like updating and changing setup options.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

SAS GUI opens for me when i launch SAS, it doesnt go into the tray for me, it might be something in the options i checked, go look through the options and im sure ther will be something ther.

3. thathagat

thathagat Guest

SAS has a few bugs and sadly even notifying them at the forum elicits no response...guess that's the way it is there...this aside it is one the better OD scanners at the moment

4. prairie dog

prairie dog Registered Member

Same here:thumb:

5. MikeBCda

Thanks - guess this is one more case of my computer, for whatever reason, not wanting to "follow the crowd". The only option I could find that sounded even close was the one for the splash screen, which did exactly what it implied. Only other possibility might be Start with Win, but I can't see any point in that for my non-resident version.

Oh, well, thanks anyway. At least it does work properly in the important ways (scans and updates), even though it seems to take forever to load.

6. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Excuse me? We answer all posts at our forum, our support system or whever we are alerted people need assistance. Don't post false information like this and try to defame our company. If you have any quesitons, I am more than happy to answer them as quickly as I can.

7. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

If you turn off the option to start in the system tray, the GUI will show when you start the product :)

8. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Our next version will load VERY fast, so that should resolve that conern for you :)

9. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

The start with Windows option add`s the ability to do right-click on demand scans of files, folders, etc.

10. MikeBCda

Thanks - didn't realize this was an either-or option, and there's no hint of it in any of the help documentation.

11. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

12. thathagat

thathagat Guest

huh...:rolleyes: i pmed you about this some two days back just to make you aware of it and this is how you respond i am...:eek:
    anyways....here use this invalid key in a free version
    079-529-9182
    DC33-1170-7564-C531

and activate manually and presto "sas" says invalid key and yet gives you 270 days of sas pro real time subscription :D
    great........

13. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Interesting results on looking up that key - the single user key is being used on 3 unique hardware platforms. I reset the code - PM'ing me is not the proper channel as I receive hundreds of message daily - submit a support request to our staff and they can assist you withing hours if not minutes :)

14. thathagat

thathagat Guest

i just tried to bring this to your notice....as i came across this ...maybe you should have a better key/code checking mechanism in sas

15. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

Now that you just posted the code public, I am sure there will be more issues!

We can block the code and issue you a new code if needed. Just let us know.

16. thathagat

thathagat Guest

that is why i pmed you in the first place;)

17. MikeBCda

One other advantage of starting up without the tray icon, which you didn't mention and which I discovered for myself (admittedly this is possibly also noted in the online docs I missed).

Started up to the GUI, if when done you hit the Close button (or Exit, I forget how it's labeled), that actually closes the app, not just its interface window.

Speaking of documentation -- any hopes of eventually getting reasonable help files included with SAS, ideally acessible right from the program (but a separate PDF or whatever would be OK) rather than viewable only online? I could "save page(s)", I suppose, but of course that would mean needing to open the browser just to view them.

18. SUPERAntiSpy

SUPERAntiSpy Developer

There have been help files with SAS since day 1......right click the icon and select "Help". Full CHM help file.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.