string extractor

Discussion in 'DCS Freeware' started by ellison64, Dec 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

Is there any freeware/payware string extractor tool (like the one that was in TDS3) available ,that will run on 98se?.Although im registered to TDS3 i dont want to install the whole suite for that one tool.
    tia
    ellison

2. nick s

nick s Registered Member

Hi ellison64,

BinText™ is a free app from Foundstone thats works well on Windows 98. It's listed in the Forensic Tools section.

Nick

3. ellison64

Thanks for that.It is a nice programe and works well . The site is new to me also with some other good stuff.
    Thanks again
    ellison

4. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

5. ellison64

Thanks Wayne...
    Ive just downloaded the console tools and tried that particular one,but im not ashamed to admit , that i dont exactly know how to use it.I tried following some threads on how the tools work i.e extracted to system folder (im using 9:cool: and typing cmd in start run etc but nothing happens.Also if i just clcik the executable its like a brief dos screen that disappears.No offence but bin text is much easier for novices like myself. [​IMG]
    Thanks again
    ellison

6. Gavin - DiamondCS

Gavin - DiamondCS Former DCS Moderator

You'll need to type

COMMAND

To open a command prompt, not CMD (which is the win2k/xp version)

Or just choose "MS-DOS Prompt" from Programs

7. 9nine9

9nine9 Registered Member

Are there any readme or help files for these free console tools? I downloaded the zip file and I noticed that there's just a license and a website url shortcut in the zip. Some of the tools in the zip are not listed currently on the website.

So maybe typing 'consoletool -?' at the command prompt will give me the lowdown on how to use each one? That'd be nice.

Thanks.

P.S.
    Are these console tools going to be stopped by DEP? (See my 'Data Execution Prevention' thread.)

:cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.