Strange virus ?

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by paleskin, May 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paleskin

paleskin Registered Member

Recently, whenever I opened SSL links from Opera and Firefox, the browsers always freeze

I opened the Task Manager and noticed there are several similiar processes called "IEXPLORE.EXE" up to 5-6 processes at the same time, and sometimes the "IEXPLORE.EXE" process didn't show up, but there were 2 processes such as "opera.exe" or "firefox.exe" showed up at the same time, and this only occur whenever I opened any SSL links from within the browsers

The ESS doesn't showed up any warning at all

Luckily I run a dual boot OS, so I booted the other OS, and it's seems fine, all SSL links were opened perfectly from either Opera and also Firefox

I booted back into the troublesome OS, and installed Prevx antivirus, and scanned the OS, the results are keez.dll and oaphjb.dll, but since the Prevx required a license to clean them, I just delete those 2 manually from system32 folder

I rebooted the troublesome OS again, the dll file were gone, but the occurence still persist, whenever I opened SSL links from Opera and Firefox

It's seems like a password stealer virus to me

Any solutions for it ?

Thanks

2. paleskin

I have used hijackthis, combofix, sdfix and catchme, the logs seem pretty normal to me, or did I miss something ?

3. paleskin

update : fixed it, the problem seems tobe broken winsock lsp chain, fixed it, now all is well again, d@mn hacker !!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.