Strange problem -- XP Pro SP1

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Phil, Jun 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Running the latest ver2 of NOD32 on a XP Pro SP1, NOD auto-updated from the last beta. I don't know if the problem is related to NOD32 or not. I only mention it here because it is the *only* software that has been installed. The problem has happened twice this weekend. My system will just freeze for a about 30 seconds or so and the screen will "blink" and drop me back to the desktop. I *think* I was in IE both times it happened, the last time today for sure. The only thing in my system logs error reports is the below.

Event Type:   Information
    Event Source:   Winlogon
    Event Category:   None
    Event ID:   1002
    Date:      6/22/2003
    Time:      5:19:36 PM
    User:      N/A
    Computer:   MAIN
    Description:
    The shell stopped unexpectedly and Explorer.exe was restarted.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

My system seems a bit slower than normal when clicking on Win menu items. I uninstalled the Win update that was causing a similar slowness weeks ago and have not reinstalled. I have been running with AMON disabled since V2 was released due to the "Exclude" feature not working.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Phil

2. Uguel707

Uguel707 Graphic Artist

3. radicalb21

radicalb21 Registered Member

I had the same problem w/ my system a few weeks ago. The problem occurred after performing a update to windows xp pro sp1 via windows update. the number that microsoft assigned to it was 811493. Go to support.microsoft.com under the knowledge base. There have been recentupdates and fixes for this problem. Any other questions feel free to email or IM me.

4. Phil

Phil Registered Member

Thanks for the links but I had already read those plus several more. It was the reference in the above MS Q to shell extensions that caused me to post the question here. Others seem to be having some problems with the NOD extension. It's a wild guess at this point more than anything. Dang PCs. :D

Phil

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.