Strange PC Probs

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Albinoni, Sep 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Albinoni

Albinoni Registered Member

For the past 5 days or so my Father has been having probs with his P4 XP Pro PC. These probs being constant disconnections and also Bitdefender tags that pop out of the right hand of the screen to say that Bitdefender has blocked access to the Internet.

First off his disconnections to the Internet virtually happen now everyday and just re-occured about 20 mins ago. We thought it was prob his ISP, so we tried his 2nd PII PC Win 98 that was also hooked up to the same router (D-Link DSL-504T) and it worked, i.e he got his home page in IE. The only way this problem ever seems to fix itself is when I re-boot the P4 than it is able to get Internet access.

Now the 2nd prob here is sometimes when he boots up the P4 after the PC is fully up and running and home page is displayed, all of a sudden these tags will appear and pop out from the right of the screen and say Bitdefender has blocked the access to the internet. I've never ever encountered this type of prob before from BD and also wondering if this is also causing the constant disconnections that he gets everyday.

img141.imageshack.us/my....endertagspy1.jpg

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

you might want to try another av and see if that will fix it or see if there is a log that explains why it is blocking the connection.

3. Albinoni

Where do I get the log from ?

4. bigc73542

I don't use BD but there should be a log somewhere in BD's settings.

5. Albinoni

Ok I found it and so far seems to be ok. I'm just wondering if any of their updates/patches had a bug in it ? I've never had this prob before with BD till all of a sudden.

I'm planning to uninstall BD and see if its the culprit but dont know what I should replace it with, preferably a free good one for the time being till I decide to buy another one.

6. bigc73542

Antivir would be a good one to try it with. If it turns out not to be BD causing the problem I would look at the firewall. But it does seem like something in BD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.