Strange Happenings With My Yahoo Home Page

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Mannaggia, Apr 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mannaggia

Mannaggia Registered Member

Not sure if this is the correct forum, so you can move it if necessary.

I'm running XP Home SP2 fully updated, IE6. I use the personalized My Yahoo as my home page. Up until Wednesday, I had no problems with My Yahoo. Yesterday, when I opened my browser, My Yahoo page was too wide for the screen. There was a left to right scroll bar at the bottom. I had to use that to read anything that was on the extreme right side of the page. I never had to do this before Thursday.

Today I went into safe mode and deleted all temp files, cookies, temp internet files and index.dat file. At first I didn't see any difference at My Yahoo. After checking out other web pages, which do not have this problem, I went back to My Yahoo and there was a slight change. Now everything below the Yahoo Search box is centered on the screen. Everything above the Yahoo Search box and to the right is still unreadable unless I use the left/right scroll bar. An example........At the top right are four buttons, Yahoo, Mail, More Yahoo and Help. I can only see the Yahoo and Mail buttons unless I use the scroll bar. When I do that, the big My Yahoo loge on the top left of the page partly disappears.

Another thing has started to happen now. At the top of the page where the ads run, I don't use ad blockers, some times there is just a blank white box. I have no clue what the heck is going on. Like I said, this is only happening on the personalized My Yahoo page.

I was wondering if anyone else who uses the personalized My Yahoo page has this problem. I was wondering if this could be a Yahoo problem.

Thank you.

2. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

I don't think it's anything to worry over. Just give the page a little time after laoding and it should render properly... FF used to do that to forum pages earlier on my PC.
    Also, I think they're changing there looks over at Yahoo... maybe that's causing some jitters for your browser?

3. Mannaggia

Yeah, maybe it has something to do with Yahoo changing things since all other web pages look ok. Thanks no13.

4. no13

no13 Retired Major Resident Nutcase

you're welcome.
    if things do work out, do report back.
    we worry for the browsing health of our compatriots over here ['coz we got nuthin' else to do here :D]

5. Mannaggia

It's nice to know someone cares. [​IMG] [​IMG] I will report back if things return to normal.

6. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

No13 was probably right that sit-and-wait will help at least some of the problem. I've noticed that quite often, on a great many pages, formatting display properly is the very last thing Firefox does after loading the page.

7. Mannaggia

Well it's been a while, but my My Yahoo personalized home page is back to normal. I sent Yahoo tech support an e-mail about two weeks ago, maybe longer, can't remember, their reply included some questions for me to answer. I never got another reply, but last night everything on my home page was centered. I don't know if the answers I supplied to them had anything to do with it or not. It doesn't matter. I'm happy.[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.