stopping users killing nod!

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by csedgbeer, May 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csedgbeer

csedgbeer Registered Member

Hi

I'm evaluation Nod32 and the Lan server for our 200+ workstation network. So far i am very pleased with the software, i just have 2 questions.

the main problem i've found is that a user, if they wanted to, can kill the nod32 process from task manager on the workstation. i've found they can kill nod32kui.exe but not nod32krn.exe. the krn.exe stays running but then fails to detect any test virus's (eicar). is there a way to lock this down so that no one can stop nod32 from running.

also another issue is the update time on the remote console, is there a way of updating the information on the clients quickly, often the clients have updated but the changes are not reflected on the console for 15 or so mins.

thanks

Chris

2. Martijn2

Martijn2 Registered Member

As far as i know NODkrn.exe keeps blocking viruses, without a warning. I tested this once by shutting down the nod32kui.exe process and downloading the eicar file. When i restarted the computer it perfectly said in the Threat Log it blocked it.

3. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

You can set the "report every..." interval in your setup xml files that you send to the clients. Look under "General/Settings/Remote Administration/Interval between connecting to Remote Administration Server" in the NOD configuration editor. By default, it's set to 5 minutes. Yours may have been set to something else somehow?

Jack

4. csedgbeer

csedgbeer Registered Member

thanks guys, and yes your right it does still block access to virus'd files, just doesn't tell you which is still fine

and i'll check out those update options

thanks

Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.