Stopping all non-vpn connections

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by n8chavez, Jun 14, 2016.

1. n8chavez

n8chavez Registered Member

I've been reading of various ways I can prevent connection that are not going through my VPN; 1. changing the DNS servers of all adapters to a VPN connection, 2. using windows firewall blocking all apps that are not part of my standard network type (private vs public), and 3. deleting a default gateway route to/from your router so my communication can exist. Methods 1 and 3 are in the .bat file below; 1 in blue text and 3 in red.

I have this .bat file run at startup. According to AirVPN, method 3 should block all non-VPN connections (where 192.168.0.1 is the router). The problem I've been having is that no connections at all can be made, even the VPN. I don't get why; a route has been added to my vpn server IP using mask 255.255.255.255 from the default gateway using viscosity. That should be enough if the VPN IP is contained in the ovpn file, right? The funny thing is, if the 192.168.0.1 address is changed to my interface adapter address, 192.168.0.107, this works just fine. But multiple people have told me that the default gateway address is needed instead. What am I doing wrong here?

Can anyone help me accomplish method 3?

(The orange text grants me admin rights)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.