Stop Protection option

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by pegas, Sep 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Hi,
    Prevx help describes options we have to stop protection but there is no clear recommendation, like for heuristics, whether installing a software requires any stop protection mode to be enabled. Therefore I kindly ask what is recommended? Can we keep no limitations in protection while installing something or it is better to always enable install mode at least? Or does it depend on nature of a software? So means e.g. different stop protection mode for codecs, another one for security applications, antimalware protections etc.
    Thx for clarification.
    pegas

2. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Hi :)

The recommendation would be to always keep the realtime protection switched on - even during program installations.

The only time it should really need to be disabled, is if the realtime protection causes an incompatibility / issues when installing certain software (i.e. blocking the install from completing correctly), but even that should be an extremely rare occurence...

So basically, leave it on unless it causes a problem ;)

Hope that helps!

3. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Thx, perfect. I am really amazed how Prexv moderators deal with questions. The best sample is this thread. I put a question and reply is so clear that dont need other clarification :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4. PrevxWebDesigner

PrevxWebDesigner Former Prevx Moderator

Glad to help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.