Still confused concerning 4.0.0.172 versions

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by ericfr, Jun 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ericfr

ericfr Registered Member

Hi!

Sorry if asked and answered, but I didn't find any answer to this:

I installed 4.0.0.172 2 days ago, and I just learned that 4.0.0.172a just came out. I also read an answer that this new version was about errors beeing fixed in Setup.

My version is running fine and the signature count matces the count at Ewido's site.

Mu question: Should I upgrade to 172a?

If yes: Install on top of 172 or perform a complete remove, install...

Regards
    ericfr

2. Chubb

Chubb Registered Member

As Vinzenz has clarified that the 172a only fix issues in setup, ie, the installer, I would assume that there is nothing change in the ewido program. So you don't need to install the new 172a. Actually, new builds will be available from the automatic update, so that it will eliminate the need to install a new build over an old build.

3. ericfr

ericfr Registered Member

Yes, that is what I presumed,too.
    I read Vinzenz clarification, just wanted to get confirmed that it was nothing more than installer issues. BTW, I didn't notice any problems during the installation, so just wondering..

ericfr

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Since most of your concerns have been or are being discussed in the ongoing Another upgrade thread....I will take the liberty to close this thread. If by chance there are remaining concerns in regards to the 4.0.0.172 version.... Please post those concerns in the ongoing thread.

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.