Sticking with TI 8

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Rod Williams, Oct 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rod Williams

Rod Williams Registered Member

New is not always better. From what I am reading in this forum I am staying with TI8 Build 826. It works perfect with no problems. I restored my O.S twice without any problem. TI is a great way to backup.

2. Jbmoar

Jbmoar Registered Member

From My Own Experience, TI8 Build 937 Is The last Release Build And Is The Most Stable version,Many users have mentioned the same with this build

3. ererce

ererce Registered Member

Welcome to the club Rod :)
    You are not the first, but not the last I am afraid... We are all siting and waiting for a bright light at the end of the TI 9 deep....

4. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Gentlemen:

I would like to add that I agree with jbmoar's recommendation about build 937. I also find it very stable. TI 9 has not worked for me as well and I do not appreciate the lack of attention to the problems that have been identified by so many users. No one likes to publish their deficiencies however there are some serious issues here that should have been commented on. As an example, several comments have been made about error codes that have been received while creating or verifying images. Many of these relate to using the Rescue Media CD's. While these errors presented may or may not be real, it certainly destroys any confidence that the completed images will correctly restore a system if a catastrofic failure occurs. I also find it disturbing to read of users criticising Acronis for the high number of released builds for TI 9. This to me at least indicated that they were attempting to deal with the issues.

I have now returned to TI 8, build 937.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.