Steganos Internet Security 2007 Released

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by rayoflight, Oct 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rayoflight

rayoflight Registered Member

2. eBBox

eBBox Registered Member

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Yes, it is.:)

4. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

I see it is a bit cheaper than buying direct but if we want to buy KIS 6, can this company be trusted? I have never heard of them but am glad to see this. Anyone have direct dealing with them? Thanks.

Gary

5. trjam

trjam Registered Member

well ,I would go through Kas just based on the level of support they provide and their own forums.

6. huntnyc

But, wouldn't you have the same access to the forums whether you go through them or not. I am not disagreeing with you because I would be cautious here also. I guess we do need to know something about their support and what would be lacking compared to directly from KL. Thanks.

Gary

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

No, you would have to use Steganos support.:)

8. huntnyc

That would make a big difference to me then. Thanks.

Gary

9. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Has it spysweeper/ Steganos AS added?

10. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

Steganos has a very good support team. Their products work well, but the only problem I had with Steganos is that the upgrades are not free, i.e. you must pay to upgrade version 2006 to 2007 and so on.

Its basically just Kaspersky rebranded with a good-looking skin, I'm not sure whether it includes the Steganos AS/Spysweeper.

11. re_phil

re_phil Registered Member

I have had extremely good experience with Steganos. They have an awesome support team and their products are easy to use and top quality. Never would I prefer to buy with Kaspersky if Steganos has the same product!
    You guys should check out their other products as well! Especially the Safe2007 is just great. And if you are searching for a solution how to be anonymous on the Internet, with the Steganos Internet Anonym VPN you will be more than happy.
    Sorry that I brag around like this, but I felt that this should really be said. Isn't it more important to support new companies rather than giving more money to the big and already established ones? Only if we keep up competition, will we have better products and better prices. Microsoft is a good example of what happens when you only buy from one manufacturer and not from the others!

12. Mem

Mem Registered Member

"Only if we keep up competition, will we have better products and better prices."

Steganos is not exactly competing on product which will improve the AV since they rebrand the 'established company' AV. I also doubt this will affect the KAV price at all since Kaspersky sets the price point to sell to Steganos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.