Static snapshot error

Discussion in 'FirstDefense-ISR Forum' started by nixie21, Mar 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nixie21

nixie21 Registered Member

I dont know, I like the files there, I also have the folders (as backup) on another drive :)
    The snapshot is now only 12+ gig, but still took an hour to do. BUT thanks to EVERYONES help I am in business and it looks great. I now have the primary, secondary and a brand new TI image :)

How big is an archive of a snapshot? I am unsure of how to create an archive, is it just a export of the snapshot?

Thanks again to ALL of you!

2. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Hi Nixie.

Archive's are compressed somewhat. To create an archive, first go into Tools>Options>archives, and select an archive location. Preferably on another disk. Once done, just select copy/update. Your source probably is your primary target would be a new archive. Intial time again might be a bit long. After that updates are fast.

Pete

3. nixie21

Will try tonight! Thanks Peter, after that I guess I will go ahead and buy it!

4. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

nixie, you won't regret it. It's possibly one on the best and most useful pieces of software I have.:)

5. Peter2150

Peter2150 Global Moderator

Funny how one starts to feel that way.:thumb: :thumb:

6. nixie21

The more I think about it, the more I like it... I love playing around..

I was playing with Greenborder Pro, it really messed my system up. I used XP restore and all was fine. Then I tried again using some registry modifications listed on their site. Same result... I went to restore again and the system froze during restore. I finally after a LONG time had to hard boot. THEN, all my restore points were corrupted and unusable. I was able to kill the greenborder process on boot and get it uninstalled finally and the system seems to be running normally.... Then I read about FD-ISR here, you can see why I wanted to learn about it right away. Just keeping my fingers crossed that my system is allright, since I had no images (VERY BAD) at this time from TI!

Thanks!

7. Acadia

Acadia Registered Member

THAT is one of the magic things about FirstDefense ... you can play around all you want to without fear. :thumb:

Acadia

8. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

You only have to read all these posts with problems at Wilders and the knowledge it requires to fix them, which are solved in no time by FDISR and without needing all that knowledge.
    FDISR is a time-saver in many ways and time is money.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.