start-up

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by drhayden1, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drhayden1

drhayden1 Registered Member

can someone tell me under start ......run........msconfig...........startup........what is the program i can uncheck to not have ewido start up when i reboot ......i don't see it:cool:

2. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi drhayden1

It's normally ewidoguard

3. steveke

steveke Registered Member

I did not see Ewidoguard on my startups-the only Ewido I have in startup is shellhook.dll-which I assume kicks everything in-but I am no expert.

Would disabling or removing the guard within Ewido remove Ewido from startup?

4. redwolfe_98

redwolfe_98 Registered Member

if you do not want realtime protection, open ewido and click "remove guard"..

if you do not want the ewido service(s) to run, open "services" and "disable" the ewido service(s).. to open services, go to "system tools"/"services"..

i am not sure about how your computer is setup, but try looking for "system tools" in start/control panel..

alternatively, you can open "services" by going to start/run and typing "services.msc" (minus quotations)

note that if you disable the ewido service(s), you might have trouble with using ewido until the service(s) is re-enabled..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.