Start Page EH

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Jack G, Aug 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jack G

Jack G Registered Member

Spybot finds an entry called Start Page EH which makes 4 registry entries. Both Ad-Aware and Spybot will remove these entries but they return within a few minutes whether I'm online or offline. In SpyBlaster protection is removed from 4 sites including Cool Search 2 and Cool Search 27 when the registry entries for Start Page EH are removed. Returning protection in SpyBlaster causes Start Page EH to be reinstalled. Any help in getting rid of this problem would be appreciated.

2. bobby dias

bobby dias Registered Member

Your restricted sites remind me of my first pc- Microsoft had loaded up restricted sites with Microsoft sites that specialized in individual Microsoft
    products. Every day on or two of those sites made a program from inside
    the restricted sites until I had 89 programs plus the original programs that came with the pc.
    Now, on your pc, Spyblaster is using the protection of the restricted
    sites program. When I saw Spyblaster and then Spywareblaster doing that on my pc, I deleted every program in the restricted sites(from bottom of list is easiest). After that, the two programs were useless, so I uninstalled them and manually deleted the .exe files to make sure Spyblaster and Spywareblaster did not have any more tricks to :) work against me.

3. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

I don't know where you are getting your information but you are totally incorrect. You should be more accurate in the description of a product or the way it works.

bigc

4. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

bobby-dias, please let me point you to our TOS and the first line there:

Get your information correct before posting. If you have a question, ask it, but to continue with product bashing type posts will not be tolerated, and such like posts will be remove.

Regards,

snap

5. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

Hi Jack G,

Apologies for going off topic in your thread.

You can read more about the Start Page EH that Spybot Search & Destroy is detecting, in this thread at Net-Integrations:
    http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=21531

These are false/positives, and should not be deleted as you would be removing the protection for them that SpywareBlaster is putting there.

Hope that helps,

Regards,

snap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.