SSM warns about Mixer Wave Audio

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by poirot, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poirot

poirot Registered Member

XPHome, SSM Free Edition, Windows Media Player 10-

Is it normal that after enabling the alerts i see the Kernel Mixer Wave audio coming and going like this?:

Services:\\Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Change Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Running Stopped 09/11/2006 12.36.11
    Services:\\Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Change Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Stopped Running 09/11/2006 12.39.43
    Services:\\Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Change Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Running Stopped 09/11/2006 12.40.01
    Services:\\Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Change Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Stopped Running 09/11/2006 12.43.51
    Services:\\Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Change Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Running Stopped 09/11/2006 12.44.08
    Services:\\Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Change Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Stopped Running 09/11/2006 12.48.16
    Services:\\Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Change Mixer wave audio del kernel Microsoft Running Stopped 09/11/2006 12.48.34

Or what could be wrong?

2. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Hi Poirot

I get alerts relating to the Kernel Mixer Wave as well but don't recall the frequency you're getting there. Might be wrong though.

I'll look at the machine with SSM on later and see what my logs show.

3. TECHWG

TECHWG Guest

normal, however i really am starting to gain a strong dislike for SSM. Not my cup of tea so to speak

4. Old Monk

Old Monk Registered Member

Interesting. I know your a fan of ProSecurity. Off topic, but is there something specific thats causing the 'strong dislike' ? If too much OT feel free to PM me if you can be bothered.

Again, OT - your location - 'the Dead Centre of the UK. ' Is it geographical or is it somewhere I should be avoiding when coming off the M1 -lol

5. poirot

poirot Registered Member

If it's normal i am 'relieved'....
    I wont then search for any malfunction in that sphere.

Techwg- i ,too, noticed your previous dislike for SSM in other threads.....

OldMonk- i'll wait till you tell me something more then, and,thanks for your sense of humour,i laughed to death!

6. Roger_

Roger_ Registered Member

It is 'normal' as audio related driver/services are started/stopped by the OS as needed and Modules Alert will show that if you have not de-selected the alerts for state changes.
    If you do not want them to display but still display state changes for all other drivers/services (as it may lead you to ignore other possible threats when Modules Alerts are displayed), go to SSM Preferences/Modules/Services and, on the Module list, un-tick the left box next to every driver that deals with audio (about 7 in my case).

7. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Hi, No offence, but If i am in ur place, being a strong supporter and very closely related to PS, I will refrain for such a comment about a competitive product.
    Just my thinking.

8. poirot

poirot Registered Member

Roger,thanks for reminding,i went into
    SSM Preferences/Modules/Services
    and said ' obrigadiño e fodes' to this kind of alerts.

9. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

OT:

I do not think there is anything wrong about giving your opinion about a certain app, even if you´re a big fan of a certain app. I mean just because he thinks it sucks, does not mean everone will start to think so. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.