SSL Scanning Is Blocking Google

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Infected1, Sep 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Infected1

Infected1 Registered Member

Google is now being blocked by eset SSL scanning saying it is due to a duplicate serial number. Google has worked fine since I installed ver 5.2.9.1 a few days ago. I then got up this morning and brought up Firefox which has google set as the home page and now I get this message and cannot access google if ssl scanning is turned on. I tried changing option in SSL scanning from always scan to ask me. I then started firefox and eset popped up and asked me if I wanted to trust the site and I clicked on "always trust" but google continues to be blocked. I then turned off SSL scanning started firefox and exported google's certificate. Then I closed firefox and turned SSL scanning back on. Then I imported the google certificate into eset and can see it in the exceptions list but eset STILL BLOCKS GOOGLE!!! What the heck is going on? Eset itself made an exception to itself to allow google but then ignores it's own exception list? So currently I have SSL scanning disabled in eset. I also tried deleting the certificate in firefox and used the "Get New" option in firefox's certificate manager which should have imported a new one into firefox but that didn't help either.

2. dwomack

dwomack Eset Staff Account

Can you provide a screenshot of the ESET warning message you're getting when trying to access Google?

There was also a resolved thread on the NOD32 category with this issue. This solution may help you as well.

3. Infected1

Infected1 Registered Member

Last edited: Sep 22, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.