SS Anti-Test tool Updated, Tested with 4 Software

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by guest, May 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guest

guest Guest

SpyShelter Anti-Test tool Updated to v1.3
    I tested it with 4 software on Win7 real machine

Note: They will update this tool their website a few hours later

Attached Files:

2. Konata Izumi

Konata Izumi Registered Member

3. raven211

raven211 Registered Member

How would you say SS is doing overall protecting a system? I got the impression that the software is so much more than just an anti-keylogger by now...

4. timestand

timestand Former Poster

This reason why no trust program to protect you. Need use block malware run in first place. Test after test they show. Always new way to log and hack system. Next Zemana come up with way to pass test that Spyshelter fail. As I say best to block from run in first place.

5. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

guest can you give me link for this version?

EDIT: ok got it,itson their website

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  6. shadek

shadek Registered Member

They should've tested Prevx with Safe Online.

7. nikanthpromod

nikanthpromod Registered Member

8. nikanthpromod

I tested leak test tool against comodo and it failed test 4a ,5a ,4b, 5b, sound recording.

9. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

GDATA IS 2011 (Report)

1. KeyLogging:- Failed
    2. Webcam Capture:- Failed
    3. Clipboard Monitoring:- Failed
    4. System Protection:- Failed
    5. Sound Record:- Failed
    6. Screen Shot (Test 5a & 5b):- Failed

GData IS 2011 Passed other Screen Shot Tests !!

10. NoIos

NoIos Registered Member

Bad news for Zemana, considering it's an antilogger.

11. AvinashR

AvinashR Registered Member

Zemana is now lagging behind...SpyShelter is future !!

12. guest

guest Guest

Can anybody test it vs COMODO, please?
    With the sandbox and without if is possible xD

13. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

lol the one thing i love about all these vendor created "test" programs is that, their product always seems to come out perfect while the competition never is able to get completely perfect for the most part at least.

i think people are putting too much trust that these individual vendors arents just including methods that are known to be blocked by their product specifically and they know isnt by other vendors, yet im sure if Zemana or OA created a test like SS's test, they could create the exact same results u see here, just opposite.

thats why personally, i dont really take much value in a test created by a vendor who is trying to sell the specific type of product their testing, it just makes sense that theyd try to protect their livelihood by making sure ther product passes the test with flying colours and the competition doesnt.

14. doktornotor

doktornotor Registered Member

Bingo. And especially when the antilogger SW vendor is engaged in business of selling HW and SW keyloggers. Meh... :rolleyes:

15. guest

guest Guest

Maybe, i want it to see.
    it is new development opportunity, SS developer wont be angry.
    Zemana created ZEALR test, SS developers created protection within a few days.

Leak tests are not bad. It give us some ideas about protection ability. If malware using screenshot test 1 b methodology, zemana and oa will be bypassed. It is simple.

If you are use defensewall, sound logger can log your voice (if you use microphone).

This tests are not non-used method by malware, i hope zemana, oa and other vendors can be fast.

maybe there is some marketing idea behind the test but it is not important. We cant ignore results

16. nikanthpromod

17. firzen771

and how exactly do u know the details of the tests methods? what evidence do u have of that? the test Zemana has out arent really a leaktest, ther more like an eicar for hips software. the test is so narrow that i can hardly consider some random "method" named 1b as legitimate concern when clearly that method was chosen to be included in the test BECAUSE SS KNOWS it is blocked by them since well, they created the test and of course their own software will block it and clearly its been created (and is updated) so that it makes sure the competition never acheives a perfect score.

if u find me a 3rd party, non commercial test i can see more legitimacy in it, but not a test with a handful of "methods" that a vendor whos trying to sell that particular type of software created, it holds no value because they are biased to their product

but even after all that, dont get me wrong, i have no opinion on the quality and effectiveness of SS, i just dont see any value in this test.

18. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

It is possible for vendors to code in "special" results for their own products that others might not pass. I havn't seen/heard ANY evidence that SS is doing this.

However, the fact is if tests such as theirs, and the latest one in particular, manage to bypass other vendors software and defeat their purpose, in full or part, then the test IS valid against them.

I tested against Zemana and found it failed all Screen Capture except No.3 :(

Hopefully other vendors will take note ASAP and improve, as i presume the baddies will also be taking note. Of course NO malware will be able to take Screen Shots or Keylog etc, if it's not allowed to run in the first place :D

19. guest

guest Guest

Every vendors want to sell their software. It is normal, This is product. Will we talk marketing? They need money, they must sell for better product, competition , otherwise they will die.

Mostly vendors develop their own tests and release

Zemana, SpyShelter, System safety, Diamon cs, Geswall, Comodo, ....
    All of them serious vendors. Serious tests.

When zemana released their first test, many hips and anti-logger software cant catch it. today mostly catch.

And SS first anti-logger test. Today mostly catch.

Is anti-logger, leaktests or marketing tests (if you want to look this side) useles?
    I think no. Lets look Prevx report.
    They take heed. And others too.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=267205&highlight=prevx leaktest

Sure, every vendors want to show "we are better than others"
    This is never ending story.

I think this is not bad, this is growth opportunity.

We will see, will Zemana, OA or others block test 1b and others with their new version or wont.

Another side, SS very powerfull toys. I tested it many commerical keyloggers, it block all of them. They dont need dirty marketing way.

Attached Files:

• comm.png
      comm.png
      File size:
      203.1 KB
      Views:
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  20. guest

guest Guest

Yes. It is clear. Anybody can retest.
    If zemana release their new own test, we will test this forum.
    We did already this version;
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=218451

All test are open to us, everybody can download, analyse tests.
    If there is a any deception, it cant be secret.

I think everybody should be happy and thankfull make their product better
    Thank you Spy Shelter

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2010
  21. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Nice test guest

Thanx

22. firzen771

if the test was released by an organization with no alignment to any one product, id have no problem with it, but im sorry i cant put my trust in a test thats trying to sell a product, and NONE of us have anyway of knowing how these "methods" are chosen, and why out of all possible methods, THESE particular few wer chosen to point out cuz im sure ther are plenty other. and i do understand that ther job is to make money so nothing wrong with marketing, but dont take marketing as legitimate and completely unbiased testing because they have no incentive to do something like that.

again, not saying SS is crap software, just the test created by the vendors is biased by design so should not be taken as the complete truth.

23. timestand

timestand Former Poster

Yes as I say plenty other way to bypass these program. seem every week new bypass. Not good way to protect system.

24. 0strodamus

0strodamus Registered Member

guest, your tests of SS are very informative and much appreciated! :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.