Spywareguard will not open

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by BillyBob46, Feb 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BillyBob46

BillyBob46 Registered Member

Just installed Spyguard and thought it was done successfully. Looked for updates and that went fine.
    However, can not open Spywareguard. Basically, nothing happens when I click on it.
    Both icons are on the desktop?
    Have DELL PC w/256MB, running MS w/XP & IE6.0

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Is SpywareGuard's red SG icon down in the systray next to the clock? If so, it's running. The main desktop icon does not open the SpywareGuard command window. It merely runs SG and puts it in the systray if it is not there already.

You actually open SpywareGuard by right-clicking on the systray icon.

3. Lawrence

Lawrence Guest

I must have missed this information in the install/setup/usage instructions. I too have been trying over and over to open SpywareGuard from the desktop icon, and didn't know that I Ihad to use the systray icon. This should be clearer -- it's been frustrating to sort through dozens of messages on the forum to figure out how I might solve my 'problem.'

4. woodyww

woodyww Guest

I removed SG icon form systray. maby thats why i can double click the icon on my desktop, click open and it opens fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.