SpywareGuard / Outlook Express - conflict?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Mike101, May 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike101

Mike101 Registered Member

Windows XP Home, with
    SpywareGuard 2.2, Minimal Setup

Hi. I had made several system changes roughly at the same time, and I haven't been able to figure out which ones - if any - have caused one of the problems which I now encounter.

Specifically, Outlook Express can no longer poll for new messages on Hotmail.

Are there any known issues regarding SG in such a matter?

Incidently, I moved the shortcut icon (for sgmain.exe) out of the User Startup folder and into the All Users Startup folder - that way ALL accounts would have SG start up at booting. ... Was that a mistake? Should each account have it's own separate startup? (... come to think of it, what I did doesn't make much sense at all ... why start up SG on an account which has nobody logged onto it yet?)

2. Mike101

Mike101 Registered Member

Hi. I just wanted to let the forum readers know that Hotmail Technical Support has confirmed the problem which I have been experiencing - specifically, that Outlook Express is unable to poll for new messages on Hotmail - and that this problem is now being evaluated.

In conclusion, this issue is not related to SpywareGuard, but rather, it is an internal problem on Hotmail's end.

Thanks all ... and be well.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Thanks for the update Mike.

Thread has been closed.

regards.

paul

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.