SpywareGuard no logs

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by jorgelius, Jan 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jorgelius

jorgelius Registered Member

I installed newest SpywareGuard (2.2.0) but when I went to check to reports the program said: Reports - activity log : <No logfile found> ?

I even tried to make a file called log.txt . The program is running otherwise ok .

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

SpywareGuard doesn't make a log file until it has actually blocked its first item. I think some people force the creation of a log file by going into IE's > Tools > Internet Options... > General tab > and changing their default home page. The browser hijack protection in SG (if enabled) should alert when you do that. After you tell SpywareGuard to set your page back to what it was, you should have a log file with that recorded.

Give that a try and let us know if it works for you.

3. jorgelius

jorgelius Registered Member

Yes, it did that with IE. I was/am using firebird so it did not report anything ?

4. RJ100

RJ100 Registered Member

If'in this helps, here's an example for viewing. :)

Attached Files:

• SG.gif
      SG.gif
      File size:
      20.7 KB
      Views:
  5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Some of SpywareGuard's protections only work with IE. The main protection is the scanning of installer files prior to them being executed (to check them for spyware elements prior to installing) does not depend upon the browser you are using, but the browser hijack and download protections only works for IE, I'm afraid.

RJ100 - That's a good example. :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.