SpywareGuard desktop icon

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by mr.mark, Aug 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr.mark

mr.mark Guest

i did a search for this small problem and didn't find what i wanted to know.

i just installed SG yesterday. i think it's great.

i opted to have the installer place an icon on the desktop. it did. but it won't open SG.

the installer also placed an icon in the systray, and that opens SG in a heartbeat, no prob.

so, like i say, this is a very minor issue. i think i read some talk about a desktop icon taking five minutes to open a program, but not sure if that referred to SG.

i have waited more than 5 minutes, out of sheer curiosity, and still nothing runs.

i also created a second icon on the desktop, but it functioned the same way... nothing.

any info for me on this?

thank you and regards

:)

mark

2. rusty-412

rusty-412 Registered Member

I think it is because you are already running spywareguard...

3. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

The desktop icon will only run SpywareGuard if it isn't currently active.

Since SpywareGuard is probably being started with Windows, it isn't letting you open another copy - that's all. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

4. mr.mark

mr.mark Guest

okay that makes perfect sense. i wasn't thinking of that. i was thinking that perhaps the desktop icon would open the program dialog that displays when i double-click the SG systray icon.

regards

:)

mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.