SpywareGuard and Conflict with Download

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Chenet, Nov 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chenet

Chenet Registered Member

I learned of your software, through SpywareWarrior.com and feel confident that I'm now going on the right track, but with a minor problem - a possible application/bug conflict with SpywareGuard. :(
    I had downloaded SpywareBlaster and everything seemed to be doing fine. However, I had downloaded SpywareGuard and afterwards my computer froze, and after several attempts, and Dr.Watson bug alerts, tried to restart my computer only to finally restart in "Safe Mode" to delete SpywareGuard through "Add or Remove" program in "Control Panel" (with my Tablet PC I had to unplug it and take the battery out of it to force it to restart). I felt sad about that because I'm desperately trying to find a way to figure out what is Modifying all of my outbound programs - ZoneAlarm, MSN Messenger, Explorer, etc. almost every time I access the web. Would Service Pack 2 cause disruption/conflict of the SpywareGuard?

I have Windows XP Tablet PC Edition with Service Pack 2 for Win XP
    My Firewall is ZoneAlarm Pro (Serv Pack 2 firewall disabled)
    My current spyware protection is PestPatrol
    Another program I have is HijackThis
    The (soon-to-be-former) spyware protection is XoftSpy and Spyhunter

I need advice on how to completely remove those Clones/Knockoffs//Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products without losing the quarantine files because I don't know now which quarantined files are false alarms or not. I'm anxious to completely get rid of Spyhunter and XoftSpy - Could those cause a conflict with SpywareGuard or cause the modification of my outbound programs? I really want to have SpywareGuard on my computer. Can you help me with this?

Thankyou,

Chenet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.