SpywareGuard 2.2 released![split]

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by kevm, Nov 12, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevm

kevm Registered Member

May 5, 2004
    Re: SpywareGuard 2.2 released!

I am using spyware blaster, I have donated through pay pal. Great product. I also use spybot s and D and have donated to that cause as well. I am also running winpatrol, another Gem...awesome product. ok here is my question.

I am not running the resident tea timer of spybot at this time. this is because I run winpatrol's monitoring.

I was not into running a real time blocker such as spyware guard until recently. more about that in a minute.

Should I run spyware guard real time.? how is the latest version as far as conflicts? I run windows xp service pack 2. Which install file should I use?
    I have never had spyware guard installed before on this system

When was the last update to spyware guard as far as detection database?

Can I run spyware guard with winpatrol and spybots resident tea timer? do they do different things?

I am also considering ad aware's ad watch in the plus version, which sounds a lot like spyware guard.

The reason that I am wanting to run a real time scanner at this time is that I downloaded pest patrol version 5 and it found about 16 pieces of spyware that adaware and spybot s and d missed. One was a keylogger called system spy. I think this is a false positive, since my system does not contain any of the files or registry entries mentioned.. Also pest patrol 5 called my norton antivirus quarantine folder as an unknown pest... I couldnt believe my eyes, so I ran it on my test machine and let it do its thing. It rendered norton antivirus unusable..worse yet, when I restored the removal from quarantine, the folder was still missing.. I had to recreate it manually to get NAV back on its feet. Needless to say I uninstalled pest patrol 5.

Does anyone know anything about system spy key logger and what might detect it reliably? I think it was a false positive, but I want to be sure.

Thanks for your help.. sorry to ask so many questions and to be so long winded
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.