SpywareBlaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by garrstim, Aug 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. garrstim

garrstim Registered Member

How can I determine if SpywareBlaster is setting a kill bit for ActiveX at the following URLs?

http://www.milaadesign.com

http://www.milaadesign.com/wizardy.html

Neither will load. My system's IE browser grinds but makes no complaint dialog window, etc.

This website belongs to a Flash Development group based in Iran. The second link is supposed to present a mysterious mindreading trick.

How would I determine which among the very many kill bits set in my registry by SpywareBlaster might be responsible for the block?

It's also possible that my general security settings in the browser are responding to a lack of properly signed ActiveX certificates at this site, etc. Although I would expect a complaint by IE if that were the case.

Perhaps some experts could try visiting the site to see what's up?

Is this site "blacklisted?"

Thanks,
    Garrstim

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

the pages open for me with opera.

Attached Files:

3. bigc73542

you might look and see if the site is listed in the IE protection section, see screen shot

Attached Files:

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hello garrstim....Welcome to Wilders,

If you right click with your mouse while on that page you'll notice there isn't very much going on with that page as far as HTML code is concerned and the only item of importance is the ActiveX clsid that relates to Shockwave flash.

That particular clsid is not one of the "very many kill bits" set in the registry by SpywareBlaster unless you went to Spywareblasters Tools\Flash Killer tab and put a check mark in the Disable and Block Micromedia Flash....:doubt:

5. bigc73542

I just tried IE7 and the site would not open for me as it did in opera. seems it is possibly IE related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.