Spywareblaster turn off?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by fireballnj, Aug 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fireballnj

fireballnj Registered Member

hi, I recently intalled swb and turned on the auto or basic all-on buttons. BUT, now I cant run radar from NOAA or weather bug, everything is slow loading and even trusted sites like CNET load so badly that I cant even navigate since all the html buttons are blocked. I went back to the main control panel of swb and turned everything OFF. Nothing!! Everything is still blocked! Should I reformat or go back to a previous date?? I am running windows ME with Symantic anti virus and firewall; use Ad aware, Spybot and Spysweeper without a hitch for months. Now what?

2. Billyg

Billyg Registered Member

only thing I can say is that I have and run everything you listed without any problem, including the weather bug... only difference is I am XP. G/L

3. fireballnj

fireballnj Registered Member

I wish I knew what was wrong! It looks more and more like I'm going to have to go reset to a week or 2 ago and lose everything since then... :'(

4. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

If you used SWB and removed all protection and the problem persisted, then the problem is not caused by SWB.

5. gumper31

gumper31 Registered Member

I am running XP with SWB version 3.2, and it has basically locked everything out to the point where my homepage won't even load properly. When it does, the various MSN-Sympatico links are not accessible either. For the time being, I have uninstalled the program, but welcome any pointers that would allow me to use SWB again.

The previous version was not a problem, but trying to find specific links to uncheck in the scrambled lists is like looking for a needle in a haystack. Is there a better way to configure the latest version so it doesn't interfere with normal, safe browsing?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.