spywareblaster takes forever......

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by disaster, Sep 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. disaster

disaster Registered Member

To start up on my comp does anyone has an answer??

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Have you tried downloading the latest version? (2.6.1?) Version 2.6.0 is now obselete and loads much slower than the latest version.

If you do have 2.6.1 (and try a redownload just in case - http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html), can you post your system specs please? i.e. The version of Windows, how fast your processor is (if you know), etc. Thanks!

Best regards,

-Javacool

3. disaster

Ive got 2.61 for a while now ive got windows me pentium 2 512 mb ram everthings goes smooth exept spywareblaser even my firewall and antivirus (norton 2003 pro)starts ten times faster then spywareblaster.
    Ive reinstald it downloaded again and again but it stays the same

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hi disaster,

It would help if you could roughly time the startup of SpywareBlaster, from the point you click on its Start menu option until its display is fully opened...

Just for comparison, on my old test machine - Pentium Pro 200MHz 128MB RAM running Windows 95 - SpywareBlaster v2.6.1 loads the program and presents its display window in 6 seconds instead of 34 seconds for 2.6.0

5. disaster

The problem is solved i dont know how it is solved but i started it up just now to check how lang it takes and guess what within three sec it was on my screen :D
    Thanks all for the replys!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.