spywareblaster silent install?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by TK9K1, May 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TK9K1

TK9K1 Registered Member

First off, many thanks to Javacool for his work on this software--I would never set up a PC without it.

I remember years back, spywareblaster used to support silent installation... what happened to that? and is there any plan to bring that feature back?

I'm trying to throw together a deployment bundle of some software I use, almost as much for fun as any sort of convenience, really... but it would still be very handy if I could include spywareblaster in line with a few other programs like mbam and avg. A /silent or /verysilent switch would be necessary to use it in an unattended installer, though.

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

The currently-available installer doesn't support such a feature, unfortunately.

Some background: In the past, there were a number of programs that either tried to silently install or (more disturbingly) silently uninstall SpywareBlaster automatically, behind the scenes. To prevent the more nefarious attempts, we unfortunately had to disable that particular feature in the public setup EXE.

I'm still looking into a way to support the legitimate cases where this feature might be helpful, without opening up the possibility for the more nefarious ones again. So it's not ruled out completely - it's just the current setup doesn't support it by default. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.