SpywareBlaster caused havoc on my system

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by lawilson2, Jul 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawilson2

lawilson2 Registered Member

Let me preface this message by saying that I am a loyal SpywareBlaster and SpywareGuard user. The problem I had is with the new 3.2 version of Blaster.

Yesterday morning, I awoke, not because of my alarm, but because of hearing the sound of the Windows XP music over and over. My computer was rebooting itself all night. I unplugged the network cable, which caused it to not reboot anymore, so I knew it was something having to do with the net connection. I ran the sasser utility, ran my latest Norton, ran Trojanhunter, nothing. I have a solid router and security software, so I didn't know what it was. Then, just this evening, I remembered that I had installed the latest version of Spywareblaster last night. I went in, uninstalled it, rebooted the machine, reconnected to the network, and no problem. I wanted to log this problem in case others have it. I don't know what glitch in it would cause it to reboot my system once it connected to my network, but fortunately I had my wireless laptop with me so I could get my work done online!

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

There should be no part of SpywareBlaster that could cause the problems you described. Perhaps it's just a coincidence?

If possible, could you please try reinstalling SpywareBlaster to see if the problems reappear? Thanks. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.