spywareblaster and multiple users

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by ade, Mar 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ade

ade Guest

hey there,

i have a question about spywareblaster - i'm wondering, if you apply protection, does it apply to all users or just the user who applied it? i'm on XP.

cheers for any help

ade

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The primary protection in SpywareBlaster is the ActiveX blocks on spyware elements - those are global to all users on an XP system. The lesser protection for blocking cookies in IE6 only applies to the user that ran SpywareBlaster and activated the protections.

3. OldGuy

OldGuy Registered Member

Glad I found you guys. I have Windows XP with 4 user profiles and was trying to figure out how to get Spywareblaster to work for all of them.

I just have one question. Can it be installed by one user only but run from each desktop on a weekly basis in order to ensure protection for everything or does it have to be installed from each profile and run ?

Thanks.

4. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

As long as the other user accounts have access to the location where it was installed (i.e. in the default folder in Program Files should be fine) then they all should be able to run SpywareBlaster from a single location. :)

Best regards,

-Javacool

5. OldGuy

OldGuy Registered Member

Great, thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.