SpywareBlaster 3.4 freezes while searching for updates

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by campsoup1988, Aug 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. campsoup1988

campsoup1988 Registered Member

I have downloaded the upgrade for SpywareBlaster 3.4, but when I try to update the definitions, it seems to "stop responding". Does anyone have any suggestions on what to do to solve this problem?

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

3. campsoup1988

there is no error message, it just stops responding

I will try manually updating SpywareBlaster later, and let you know the results,

thanks,
    campsoup1988

4. getsome831

getsome831 Registered Member

I have the exact same problem, internet connected fine otherwise...browser works, ping works, pretty much everything works except for when i try update spywareblaster, spybot, or adware...they all freeze. Must be some sort of malicous app locking these out. Any ideas how to fix? Manual update didn't work for me, still freezes.

5. campsoup1988

hmmm! I am having the same problem with the same three problems! I had just upgrade to a new version of Spybot, Ad-Aware, and SpywareBlaster, and now I cant seem to get any any of them to be able to updatethe defintions of any of the programs. The only security prorams that I could update is Windows Update, Norton System Works 2005, and Norton Personal Firewall 2005! This is starting to seem strange!

Do you know how to contact Ad-Aware, I try to find a way to contact them, but I couldn't find any way!

6. getsome831

7. campsoup1988

8. getsome831

Hmm, i think the problem here for me anyway was my NIS (Norton Internet Security suite)...more specifically the firewall i suppose. I tried disabling and it didn't do anything but uninstall seems to have done the trick. I would never had know if my citrix remote apps hadn't suddenly stopped responding whenever i would try logging into work. Another piece of crap software from symantec, i'm shocked. ;)

-g

9. occenal

occenal Guest

I had similar problems for awhile until I realized that the major reason NIS (specifically the firewall) blocks new updates is because they haven't made it yet into the library of updates. The work around that is to manually add the permission. Give this a try: disable your firewall in NIS, delete any existing entries for the software from program control, then add the software (you will be asked to browse to the .exe file for the software) and choose permit. then re-enable your firewall.

10. campsoup1988

I have Norton Personal Firewall, and I already added the program to the firewall and permited it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.