SpywareBlaster 3.1 with AOL: Does it work?

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Maven, Jun 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maven

Maven Registered Member

Hi all,

I'm using SpywareBlaster on my home system, and I just recommended it highly to my somewhat less technical friend who has AOL for his ISP. From what I read at the IE-SPYADS site, it sounds like the AOL browser is IE with a fancy front end. I'm assuming that SpywareBlaster works with the AOL browser, but when I read the product description on the site AOL wasn't mentioned. Actually, I don't usually mention AOL much myself.

I just want to make sure that I'm giving my friend the proper advice. He wouldn't be comfortable scanning and fixing problems, but I think he would appreciate the kind of protection that SpywareBlaster offers. Can he use it with his AOL browser?

Thanks,
    Maven

Last edited: Jun 2, 2004
  2. Gandalf

Gandalf Registered Member

You don't mention which version of AOL. I can say it works with AOL 7 as I downloaded it onto my daughter's system for her. (she runs Win98SE, IE5.5)
    Gandalf

3. the mul

the mul Registered Member

Yes spywareblaster 3.1 does work with aol, as I am using aol 9 at the moment and all works well with It, and I have not had any problems with aol 9 and any security programme so far.

The Mul

4. Maven

Maven Registered Member

Hi,

I checked with my friend, and he has the AOL 9.0 Optimized version. It sounds like that's a good bet for working with SpywareBlaster, as I suspected. Anybody not agree with that conclusion?

Maven

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.