Spyware Terminator slowdowns....

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by bgfalconboy, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bgfalconboy

bgfalconboy Registered Member

Anyone else having slown down issues? I started getting high cpu usage from sp_rsser.exe (supposed to be ST's real-time app) when I tried configuring a recent download of Quicktime Alternative. It slowed my system to a dead crawl. Is Quicktime Alternative the only QT alternative out there? I'm also starting to wonder if I should get rid of the Crawler toolbar that came with ST. Is this toolbar even useful? ST is supposed to be upgrading soon as I have had no new updates available for the last week or so.

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

I dont know about Spyware Terminator but you can try QuickTime Lite for VCP instead of QuickTime Alternative. Also you dont need to have VCP installed for it to work :)

3. Wordward

Wordward Former Poster

No slowdowns here with Avast Home and I only have 512MB of RAM on my PC. I have Web Security Guard installed as well and Firefox runs fine. I will try to install something soon to see what happens. Did you use the Install Mode that Spyware Terminator has while installing QT Alternative?

4. wideglide36

wideglide36 Registered Member

I used Spyware Terminator for about a year and was quite happy with it.

Apparently one of the updates caused a problem with sp_rsser.exe which increased memory usage severely (at least on my pc).

The forum at Spyware Terminator has several posts on this issue and apparently they claim the memory issue will be addressed in a future build.

I decided to uninstall Spyware Terminator and try Zone Alarm Anti Spyware as it was offered free awhile back.

I really like ZAAS as it uses less memory and I have less processes also because when I had Spyware terminator running and ZA free, I had a total of four processes and now with just ZAAS I have a total of two processes.

Anyhow, I really think Spyware Terminator is a good program but right now I'm going with ZAAS until and if Spyware Terminator addresses the sp_rsser.exe problem.

John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.