Spyware Terminator 2.0 Beta out now!

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Relemar, Jul 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Relemar

Relemar Registered Member

Just telling you that 2.0 beta of Spyware Terminator is now currently out, with alot of new features all extremely good. Thanks to rajeshontheweb of SWT Forums for this update.

Including:

(*) improvement
    (+) added feature

(*)Improved interface of the program
    (*)Improved layout of the scan tab
    (*)Updated ClamAV to 0.90.2.1 (ClamWin latest)
    (*)Improved scanning - scans with Spyware Terminator should be faster, more efficient and more accurate.
    (*)Improved scan layout - you will now be able to see what Spyware Terminator is doing while it scans.
    (*)Improved layout of the post-scan options
    (*)Improved Scan Reports - new font formatting makes reading scan reports easier.
    (*)Improved Threat management - you can now select individual items for removal, including individual cookies.
    (*)Improved Updates tab - we have added the "Refresh" button which solves many past issues and lets users do manual updates.
    (*)Improved HIPS/ClamAV - you now do not need to do a full spyware scan to enable HIPS or ClamAV. When you enable HIPS, your system tray menu will say "Building Database"
    (*)Improved proxy support - we have fixed issues with the proxy area.
    (*)Redesigned Help Tab - we have renamed this tab "Help & Support" and have redesigned it to accomodate our more inexperienced users.
    (*)Fixed many bugs - we have fixed many bugs that our users have been posting on our forums and ones that our internal testers have found.

(+)New System Summary tab- displays scan history info, update info, realtime protection info in an informative layout.
    (+)HIPS Safe Database - radically improves the amount of time needed to initialize HIPS.
    (+)More Custom scan options
    (+)Custom scan profiles - you can store up to 5 custom scan profiles
    (+)Scan Report History tab - Spyware Terminator can now store scan reports, configured in the settings
    (+)Internet Protection tab - houses three new features: Cookies Scan, Favorites Scan, Immunize
    (+)Cookies Scan - this will scan for bad cookies based on our WSG database (requires WSG)
    (+)Favorites Scan - this will scan for bad favorites based on our WSG database (requires WSG)
    (+)Immunize - this will inoculate your system from the execution of malicious code and content. Updates to this feature are included with Spyware Terminator updates.
    (+)Offline Help - we now have a full offline help (CHM file) available for download through our program. Also we will offer updates to this help file when they become available.

I've removed link due to not fully finished beta, sorry for any inconvinience.

Regards Relemar, owner of www.teamrelemar.co.nr

Last edited: Jul 4, 2007
  2. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

Great. I'll check it out.

3. Relemar

Hope you like it, it's a really good product. Need any assistance with it, you can go directly to the Spyware Terminator Forums, or my forums. Some real nice features ;) User friendly too!

4. zopzop

zopzop Registered Member

wow this is great news! believe it or not, spyware terminator is actually a decent product. IMHO sypware terminator + superantispyware = almost bulletproof spyware protection (and they get along without any problems).

5. Relemar

SAS is a very good strong on-demand, but protection aint as good as SWT IMO.
    SWT has very strong protection, top notch software.

6. Jadda

Jadda Registered Member

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I'll check out the scanner.

8. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

We had to remove the link since there are still some issues with WSG and Crawler Toolbar.

Because there is vacation for the Czech team for the next two days, an official version would be available until Monday or Tuesday.

9. the Tester

This beta scanner does seem faster.
    I noticed that it detects more cookies than other A/S programs.

10. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Working very well here... ;)

11. glentrino2duo

glentrino2duo Registered Member

I really like Spyware Terminator. I just wish they could come up with a better name for it 'cause I think it does way more than just 'terminate spywares...'

just my two cents... :)

12. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

Well I think it is too late in the game now to change the name.

Reasons why I think it would be good to change:
    1) People get it confused with the "Spyware Terminator 4" entry on the SpywareWarrior Rogue/Suspicious AntiSpyware list. Spyware Terminator 4 is from invender.nl and is listed for lack of a trial version :p.
    2) People get it confused with the junky program Ad/Spyware Terminator.
    3) It is easier to find your products if your name is unique and doesnt contain generic terms like "adware", "spyware", etc.

Reasons why I dont think it would be good to change at this point:
    1) I like the name :), and so does everyone else in the company.
    2) We dont want to look like a dishonest company, and changing names to hide from any "purported" past will get us in hot water. We wish to stay honest, and let our program do the talking.
    3) The Spyware Terminator name is starting to get out there. We have already had 7,000,000 downloads...
    4) We have the domain registered :). spywareterminator.com :).

13. the Tester

I'd leave the name as it is.

"1) People get it confused with the "Spyware Terminator 4" entry on the SpywareWarrior Rogue/Suspicious AntiSpyware list. Spyware Terminator 4 is from invender.nl and is listed for lack of a trial version"

Thanks for that info.
    It clears up some confusion.

14. PhiloVance

PhiloVance Registered Member

Oops, I d/l and installed it today. o_O :mad:

15. argus tuft

argus tuft Registered Member

Well I wouldn't worry too much about that. I doubt anyones going to request that you uninstall it. :)

16. the Tester

I don't see any harm with installing it.
    The only issue that may play into using it is updates.
    I haven't found any database updates since July 4th.

17. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

The lack of updates is because of vacation. The Czech team (who develops ST, and makes the database updates) had vacation. 2 days of national holidays.

The update schedule should return to normal on Monday (July 9).

18. the Tester

Thanks Tokar.
    It will be interesting to see what their update frequency will be.

19. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

20. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Runs very well here :D

21. the Tester

Both Application Files and Software Database updates available today.

22. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

Yup, the development team is back to work and is very active :).

23. Relemar

Spyware Terminator 2.0 beta officially out!

(-) improvement
    (+) added feature

(-)Improved interface of the program
    (-)Improved layout of the scan tab
    (-)Updated ClamAV to 0.90.2.1 (ClamWin latest)
    (-)Improved scanning - scans with Spyware Terminator should be faster, more efficient and more accurate.
    (-)Improved scan layout - you will now be able to see what Spyware Terminator is doing while it scans.
    (-)Improved layout of the post-scan options
    (-)Improved Scan Reports - new font formatting makes reading scan reports easier.
    (-)Improved Threat management - you can now select individual items for removal, including individual cookies.
    (-)Improved Updates tab - we have added the "Refresh" button which solves many past issues and lets users do manual updates.
    (-)Improved HIPS/ClamAV - you now do not need to do a full spyware scan to enable HIPS or ClamAV. When you enable HIPS, your system tray menu will say "Building Database"
    (-)Improved proxy support - we have fixed issues with the proxy area.
    (-)Redesigned Help Tab - we have renamed this tab "Help & Support" and have redesigned it to accomodate our more inexperienced users.
    (-)Fixed many bugs - we have fixed many bugs that our users have been posting on our forums and ones that our internal testers have found.

(+)New System Summary tab - displays scan history info, update info, realtime protection info in an informative layout.
    (+)HIPS Safe Database - radically improves the amount of time needed to initialize HIPS.
    (+)More Custom scan options
    (+)Custom scan profiles - you can store up to 5 custom scan profiles
    (+)Scan Report History tab - Spyware Terminator can now store scan reports, configured in the settings
    (+)Internet Protection tab - houses three new features: Cookies Scan, Favorites Scan, Immunize
    (+)Cookies Scan*** - this will scan for bad cookies based on our WSG database (requires WSG)
    (+)Favorites Scan*** - this will scan for bad favorites based on our WSG database (requires WSG)
    (+)Immunize - this will inoculate your system from the execution of malicious code and content. Updates to this feature are included with Spyware Terminator updates.
    (+)Offline Help - we now have a full offline help (CHM file) available for download through our program. Also we will offer updates to this help file when they become available.
    (+)Added localization of Installation - the setup will now determine your computer's localization and cater the setup to you in your default language (supports only English, Spanish and Portuguese. More languages to come in the near future)

Known Issues:

* Resizing Spyware Terminator window may not work as planned (this is a problem not with Spyware Terminator, but the software we purchased to develop Spyware Terminator)
    * Deimmunize may stall at 12% if improper entries in the registry exist.
    * Translated text may overlap other text or extend outside boundaries (these issues will be resolved as we work with our translators)
    * Spyware Scan may unexpectedly stop on specific folders (we are working on fixing all issues with our scanning engine)

Download Spyware Terminator 2.0 beta (6.83MB)

Install notes:
    -The Spyware Terminator 2.0 installation will now automatically detect your computer's localization and will cater the installation to your language (supports English, Spanish and Portuguese. We will add more languages soon).
    -Spyware Terminator 2.0 beta initially supports English, Spanish and Portuguese, in full. We will be adding full translations of other languages from 1.9 in the near future. We will also be adding new languages to Spyware Terminator in future versions.
    -This downloadable version includes an optional installation for our new beta of Web Security Guard 4.5.5 and Crawler Toolbar 5.0.
    -Web Security Guard is now available in English, Spanish and Portuguese. We will be adding more languages soon.

*** - feature requires local installation of Web Security Guard.

Web Security Guard Beta Release Notes:
    This new version of Web Security Guard features:

* Integration of the database with Spyware Terminator 2.0
    * New account management (accounts are less anonymous and integrate with Spyware Terminator forum accounts)
    * New Updates interface shows update process, speed and progress
    * New Settings interface for our Internet Explorer version mimics our first Firefox beta version.
    * Bug fixes
    * Improved performance

Crawler Toolbar 5.0 beta Release Notes:
    This new version of Crawler Toolbar features:

* Complete redesign of the toolbar
    * Complete redesign of the toolbar settings (they are better designed and prettier :))
    * New "Quick Search" feature - acts as an excellent replacement for the F3 search feature of Internet Explorer.
    * New Adaptive Search box - adapts to the length of your search string
    * Improved version tracking in our "About" window
    * Improved integration of Spyware Terminator
    * Improved update process
    * Improved performance
    * International Support - English, Spanish, Portuguese, Czech, Italian, and French (we will add more soon!)

Taken from SWT Forums, posted by Tokar. This is a great beta and has alot more new features listed above, enjoy!

24. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Re: Spyware Terminator 2.0 beta officially out!

Hi, folks:Thanks for the info, however I do get very confused by your wording such as: currently out (see another similar post )and this one; officially out. My guess is this, a final one out in few days ?. How could you roll out an unfinished beta out for public testing at first place? This version got to be very promising, otherwise why could you not wait for a few more days to divulge ? Beta is good for testing machine, IMO, but is a bit risky for normal box. I would judge this with common sense. Any work done in a big hurry normally leads to a black hole.

25. Tokar

Tokar Registered Member

What happened was that I prematurely posted about the release on July 4. My superiors told me that Spyware Terminator 2.0 Beta would be released on that date. It turned out that it was not meant to be officially documented, but a user on our official forum stumbled upon a download link for the beta so I figured it was official and posted about the release on our forum. Word got out, and a couple users took it upon themselves to post it in a few places. Oh well...can't avoid that.

The official (documented) release of Spyware Terminator 2.0 beta was today, which is why there is confusion between the official and unofficial, final and not-final, beta.

Final is definitely the wrong word for this version, let alone any beta. This certainly isnt a "final" stable version and it certainly is not the last beta version, it is the first. The correct term is "official". This is the beta version which we have "officially" documented as a beta release.

My apologies for the confusion. Just forget the word "final" was ever mentioned in relation with Spyware Terminator 2.0 beta.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.