spyware shield

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by claire, Jun 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. claire

claire Guest

Phantom is back with a great software with a larger database than SpywareBlaster,automated update,and an easy disable/enable Flash protection

http://www.mntolympus.org

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2005
  2. TomHarris

TomHarris Guest

So is it safe to say it can be used with SpywareBlaster without any kind of conflicts?

Sounds like it's really just for those who still use IE though.

Also can we expect some false positives from our spyware scanners, after installing, like we get from time to time with SpywareBlaster?

Thanx.

3. mario0

mario0 Guest

BLOCKED [!] - Destination is Go Daddy Software, Inc., Vote2004Today.com, www.pr (64.202.163.:cool: [protocol: TCP / destport: 80]

btw is it freeware?

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Is payware...

5. claire

claire Guest

No problem at all to use it along with SpywareBlaster.No FP's until now with
    spyware scanners ;)

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

To clarify that a bit(no pun intended)....to any and all who care to know....that is reference to it's ActiveX CLSID database. That is the only comparison as of now that can be mentioned in the same breath as Spywareblaster....since as most users of Spywareblaster are aware....Spywareblaster also provides Internet Explorer Restricted Sites protection and Internet Explorer, Mozilla\Firefox\Netscape Cookie protection....and...."an easy disable/enable Flash protection."

"Spyware Shield is payware, if you wish to use/activate the fully functional version of this product you must send a small payment of $7.00 (US)"

Alrighty then....that's enough playing around for me. Good Luck with your software.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2005
  7. Phant0m

Phant0m Registered Member

Hey TomHarris

That were the case, but it has been proving that even those on third-party browsers like Firefox, can benefit.

When you say false positives, you in regards with Scanners? And picking up IE ActiveX CLSID with a killbit? Yea I would say that is a false positive with something… :p

Hey mario0

As VaMPiRiC_CRoW had mentioned, it is payware.

Hey Bubba

In no way do I say anything like the product being better then SpywareBlaster. I’m a huge fan of Javacool and his work, and I like SpywareBlaster a lot and I would not recommend anyone NOT to use SpywareBlaster.

Everything SpywareBlaster has for security features are vital to ones well-being in some form or another.

And while I do see the importance to implementing these and other features to aid in securing, I’m not going to rush anything, and try to cover a whole lot of areas and not have a single thing up to quality. I’m a little tired seeing today’s software covering so many aspects and have not one single feature up to quality like it should.

Regards,
    Phant0m``

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Never implied that you or anyone said that your product was "better then SpywareBlaster"....I can assure you that.

9. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

So what is this product protecting us from that Spywareblaster does not?

Also, how does this help FF users if it looks as if it is geared towards bad Active X? Or did I miss something here? o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.