spyware guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by agora, Aug 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. agora

agora Registered Member

I hav ebeen having a major spyware problem and so far spyware guard has been the only thing that can fix it. The problem is, as soon as the problem is "fixed" it automatically tries to reinstall itself like a virus.. not after I reboot (this I can tolerate) So, every time it tries to reinstall itself spyware guard pops up, is there any feature I can select that will tell it to remember my preference and stop popping up because it seriously pops up about every minute or so.. just now it's popped up four times writing this thread.. Thanks for any help

2. agora1

agora1 Guest

update: so far I have it silently blocking everything except BHO alerts can I have it silently block this as well?

3. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey agora,

I have moved your thread to this Forum where Spyware Guard is normally discussed.

They may be numerous BUT which BHO's is Spyware Guard warning you about ?

4. agora

agora Registered Member

soon as I read this, it popped up again :p

says the following

"Warning! A BHO (Browser Help Object) has been added!

The following BHO has been added to your system:
    {C7E2FB1F-B4BD-966D-CA28-D1195A30CF3B}

ProgID: n/a
    File Location: C:\WINDOWS\iegd32.dll

What would you like to do?

button: remove the BHO keep the BHO

"

normally I wouldn't really mind, but this is happening about once every minute lol

5. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey agora,

With that info I am not able to say for certain that is what they call a CoolWebSearch(CWS) variant....but there is a CWS variant that uses a IEGD32.DLL file. However....it has a BHO clsid of 587DBF2D-9145-4c9e-92C2-1F953DA73773.

Since we no longer offer Spyware\HighJack cleaning via a HighJackThis log....have you visited any of the other reputable HighJack cleaning Forums ?

In our Announcement link that I'll place below....there is mention of a few Forums that you should visit in order to clean up some of your major spyware problems you referred to.

This link---> Stopping HijackThis Log Cleaning Services!

6. agora

agora Registered Member

thanks for your help, I appreciate it

7. Redprince

Redprince Guest

Agora -
    I had the same problem. Here is how I fixed it:
    (1) Go to msconfig (click "Start", "Run", type msconfig, click "ok"); then, in msconfig, click "Startup", and look for all entries with "msxmidi.exe" in them (this string will be at the end of the line). Note which folder contains the msxmidi.exe file (mine was in the Windows\System\Services folder). Then find that folder using Explore (right-click "Start" to get to Explore), and delete it. Then go back to msconfig-startup and uncheck all boxes with msxmidi.exe in the line. Restart your computer and the problem should be fixed.
    If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at (removed private email to prevent harvesting by spam bots - Bubba)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.