Spyware Blaster + Zone Alarm update problem

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by dionisiog, Mar 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dionisiog

dionisiog Registered Member

WIN98 all updates-
    Ie6sp1 all updates-
    Directx9c-
    Latest Vbrun sp5-
    Etc...
    F-prot Windows-F-prot DOS-Avir Personal (Nothing new has been detected, and yes I have updated since 1998.)
    Adaware all updates-
    McCaffee Spider Scan.
    Etc...

I have had a problem with updating this new version of Spyware Blaster 3.3.
    It seems that even adding Spyware Blaster into the menu of Zone Alarm, it can't update and freezes my computer from the time the update button is pushed.

I have tried un-installing, cleaning the directory of any possible residual entries related to it (SWB), and double-checking that any old Spyware Blaster files have been deleted before re-installing a newly downloaded copy of SWB. No luck.
    No improvements. I have never experienced this problem with any other versions of Spyware Blaster.

Like others, :rolleyes: I assume that there must be bugs in this latest version of Spyware Blaster as even with a clean install of Win98, etc... the problem persists. So I consider this entry... perhaps part of ongoing reports regarding a possible new software bug in Spyware Blaster.

Thanks.

Dan

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey Dan,

Are you saying you are experiencing what is being discussed in the below thread....whereby you are receiving database errors or file corrupted messages ?

This thread---> SpywareBlaster 3.3 3/16/2005 update corrupted

This link also---> If you are having updating issues with SpywareBlaster 3.3...

Also....have you attempted to disable Zone Alarm completely to see if it is interferring with the download ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.