spyware blaster vs spybot's immunize real time protection

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by dtdave, Feb 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dtdave

dtdave Registered Member

I want to know which is better at real time prevention. I want to use the better of the two. I have heard good reviews for both and I have read recently that spybot is not doing as well as they use to for detection with their scanner, but I still saw good results for prevention. Any thoughts will be appreciated. I work at a school and want good protection for these pc's but dont want to install both apps and a scanner.
    I found that spyware doctor is very good, I did tests and it found more spyware and adware on my pc than both spybot and adaware. Thank you.

2. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

I use both. They co-exist nicely.

3. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

Hi Dtdave, welcome to Wilders. Like Bigbuck, I too use both.

You may want to take a look HERE regarding security setups, as well there are further discussions HERE and even more HERE.

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

4. dtdave

dtdave Registered Member

thank you for the info, still has anyone tested to see which does a better job, I dont want to install 3 apps on each pc where I work at a school for time saving purposes. Thank you for any input

5. Michael_aust

Michael_aust Registered Member

I have both installed and activited. But doesnt the author of spybot suggest using spyware blaster to protect against active x controlls etc because it allows you to manage them more efficiently.

6. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

You are correct.

Cheers :D

7. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

If that's your only choice....I suggest you use Spywareblaster. While Spybot has comparable quality in it's Immunize database(ActiveX clsid, Cookie and Restricted Sites)....Spywarteblaster's ActiveX clsid, Cookie and Restricted Sites protection databases are quite a bit larger.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.