Spyware Blaster Slowing Webpages.

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by CTD, Oct 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CTD

CTD Guest

Hi,
    I recently installed spywareblaster and was impressed although i did find afterwards i had to continually hit refresh to load the web pages succesfully, anyone else found this ?

2. scott lang

scott lang Registered Member

i only have to if i hit back.

3. Huwge

Huwge Registered Member

Been considering SB for a while...this a known problem and if so any fix ?

4. scott lang

it does this cause of all the restricted sites it lists and also in the restricted sites in ie. they all work together. my guess is, all the restricted sites load their little crap on websites as you go to it. well if they dont load, then things get a bit faster. but as a result if you hit back sometimes then you get page expired or something like that. and have to hit refresh. a hassel but i dont know of any , fix, for it. but thats the way i have been made to understand it. if im wrong please correct me, as i surely dont want to pass the wrong info to anyone.

5. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Hi,

SpywareBlaster shouldn't be causing that - to verify, open the program and press the "Disable All Protection" link under "Quick Tasks".

Then try browsing whatever sites you had that problem with again. (I assume these are reputable sites?)

(Then don't forget to Enable All Protection when you are done.) :)

Also, what version of Windows do you have installed?

Thanks,

-Javacool

6. scott lang

hi javacool, i dont quite have , i beleive the exact same problem but similar. and i have talked to another forum with some others who have also experienced this. what happens is, when, i would be on a page, then click to a link or whatever, do my looking then lets say i wanted to go back a few pages to what i was looking at a few pages back, when i wouls get there it showed the exact same view as when i left. it wouldnt be showing the current statis of the page. and there would be several more posts that were done or something would of changed since i was there before. i have to hit refresh to make it show what the current situation is. i understand it seems this persons problem is a bit different in that theyre saying they cant go to a page at all without having to hit refresh. but he also mentioned something about hitting back and this happens. thats why i said what i did. and on the other forums i visit others are having that same problem. thats why i also said correct me if im wrong, cause im not 100%positive my advice fits his problem. maybe you know why? but i was told after discussing it on the other forums that it was because of the protection from blaster and ie working together, and also, replacing the hosts file, with the one from microsoft. all 3 things together create this tiny annoyance. not a major issue, at least for me. but others have found this a bit more annoying.
    any suggestions you might have would be appreciated by all, and i can pass that on to others also. thanks javacool

7. scott lang

found the link i was looking for. it tells and gives the link for the hosts file and tells about hitting back giving strange behavior

http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm

and yes this hosts file will work on any windows os. i have it on mine now and it updates the list in ie
    the first page shows some info and the host file link and at the bottom explains what i was saying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.