Spyware Blaster does NOT disable

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by GoofyNL, Oct 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoofyNL

GoofyNL Registered Member

I was using SpywareBlaster. and then some websites couldn't function anymore. so I deleted the program. uninstall I mean. and now the websites still won't work. the website that won't work are sites like:
    Pivot Admin and sites with anti-leech.
    they won't work because my browser is not browsing. an other software packet is copy-ing the site and imports the pictures. so the anti-leech thinks another site is using their files. but I was just trying to browse.
    now I just read that uninstalling the software does nog disable the settings. so I reinstalled it to disable it again. but the blaster says that it already is disabled.
    My current software is:
    Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 2 (better secured than Service Pack 1, and the reason I don't want Spyware Blaster anymore)
    Norton Internet Security 2004 Professional
    Internet Explorer 6.0.2900.2180.xp_sp_sp2_rtm.040803.2158
    Windows Firewall
    Windows pop-up blocker

You can't tell me that any of that software is the problem. because they work fine with each other. and nothing happened before I installed SB. I still had Service pack 1. but my friends who don't have SB, don't have this problem.

and i don't want to format and re-install my entire computer because a small application does not function properly.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

After you reinstalled....did you also download any updates ?

If not....I suggest you do that....and with SpywareBlaster running....down in the Quick Tasks section....I would first select Enable All Protection ....and then select Disable All Protection. This will hopefully take care of the improper un-install of the program and let the program function properly. I would also then look in Internet Explorer's Restricted Zone for any left over sites that might have been left behind.

3. GoofyNL

I think that did it...
    I still need to check the anti-leech...
    I'll tell if it works, or not.
    for now, thanks :D

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Glad it worked....BUT....I suggest you now try to understand the 3 main functions of the program and at least consider enabling\checking the Internet Explorer....Prevent the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, dialers, etc. feature. Hopefully you'll also learn or ask more questions about the Restricted Sites protection feature.

It's a rough neighborhood out there and if you have further questions don't hesitate to ask.

5. GoofyNL

Well, I'm not new to the internet.
    And I know the security problems with Windows. And I know how to use Windows. I'm not a beginner on the internet. and i really know how irritating it is to have spyware. That was the reason I installed your application. But that was because Windows XP Service Pack 1 has a gigantic gap in its security. now I have Service Pack 2, and that is much better secured. sometimes windows is so locked that software that have permission won't function properly. Service Pack 1 always awnsers on signals even if those signals have no permission. Service Pack 2 does not awnser. and I'm confident that works. an other thing I've learned in my education is that not smart to have 2 or more Firewalls or other blocking software. and I'm sorry, but I won't delete Norton Internet Security 2004 Pro or Service Pack 2 ;) .

I think your application is really great, and it stops most of the spyware. but I also think that Service Pack 2 in combination with NIS 2004 is very safe. BUT the end user is the person that installs the spyware. Service Pack 2 will not install software before asking you. and if you are so stupid that you install this software...

Don't understand my wrong. SpywareBlaster is great, but I don't need it anymore. (untill Windows proved itself wrong ;) ) If that happenes, than I'll use your application again. there are more advantages than disadvantages in using your application :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.