spysweeper replacement

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by LoneWolf, Sep 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

After having spysweeper for 3 years i feel its time to replace it.with only 31 days left till my sub runs out+all the problems i hear w/ss5 (i have 4.5) i'm looking for a new spyware scanner w/or w/o real time protection.any suggestions would be helpful.i tryed superanti-spyware did not like it.forget spyware terminator & zero spyware,don't like thier shady past or fp's.I may not even need one.my set up's in my sigs.have been thinking about boclean,to bad they don't have free trial.I like to try before i buy.

2. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

If you are going to replace SS, which is a constant high performer you might try Spyware Doctor or Counterspy. Both have some disadvantages as far as I am concerned. SD has given me more FP than I find acceptable, and CS is heavy although I have it on my machine without noticing the load.

Another alternative is a-squared. It has an excellent detection rate of AS malware, and a free version. You might examine test results by nosirrah posted on Castle Cops. FWIW I have been using the free version of a-squared for several weeks, and it runs well, and updates are no problem
    http://www.castlecops.com/t165650-Malware_testing.html

It looks like a good test to my amateur eyes.

Regards,
    Jerry

3. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Looking at your sig,I'm not so sure that you need antispyware real-time monitor.

BoClean does have a money-back guarantee instead of a trial.
    I like the program a lot.

I agree with Jerry M.
    A-Squared free has been good here for several weeks.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

decieded to replace spysweeper w/bo clean real time+a-squared 2 on demand
    thanks for the help

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.