SpyStopper

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by StevieO, Aug 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieO

StevieO Guest

I've never heard of this before, so wondered if anybody else had, and what their thoughts are on it. It seems to protect against some things that some other Apps don't.

SpyStopper 3.0G

In real time, SpyStopper blocks spyware, Web bugs, worms, cookies, ads, scripts, and other intrusive devices to protect you from being profiled and tracked. When you are online, you may be monitored or tracked without your knowledge or explicit permission. Hackers, advertisers, and corporations may use Web bugs, spyware, cookies, worms, ads, and scripts to gain access to your information and invade your privacy. SpyStopper is designed to block those devices that are used without your knowledge. It functions like a firewall and protects your online privacy and security.

Works with Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP. InfoWorks.

http://www.itcompany.com/spystop.htm

StevieO

2. muf

muf Registered Member

3. Notok

Notok Registered Member

It's a good program. I haven't used it personally (too much other stuff to justify it, but who knows what the future will bring..), but know a few other people that have used it and are very happy with it.

4. solarpowered candle

solarpowered candle Registered Member

I think spystopper is great if you use ie . but if you are running with firefox and especially if you use use adblock/ no script etc ( as far as I remember from comments on the spyblocker forum ) its not really necesary. I have used both but kind of wonder if they are really needed so much now depending on your set up . They are kind of expensive although if you go to the spyblocker forum you can get a life time licence for $39 for spystopper and spyblocker I also never liked how spyblocker especially would leave you wondering if you were able to delete certain files that "maybe used by another application " at uninstall. It never seemed to me to really want to get itself cleanly off my system. Your experience may be diffirent .

5. StevieO

StevieO Guest

muf, Notok and solarpowered candle, i'm very much obliged for your comments.

I didn't think it was a rogue product, as i checked it out first on Spyware Guide.

It's funny not many people appear to have heard of it, but it's good to see that you seem to give it your approval.

I know a lot of what it covers is included in several other seperate Apps, but this looked like it was a mostly all in one program. One of the things that i hadn't seen covered in other Apps was CSS protection.

I guess with Apps like OA coming onstream now, it might not be as high up the list as it i would have possibly placed beforehand.

Thanks for sharing,

StevieO

StevieO

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.