SpyCop

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by controler, Mar 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. controler

controler Guest

Am trying out spycop per Spy1's update post.
    When using the trial version and trying to close the program, broswer is hyjacked and taken to SpyCop's web site for purchase Information o_O :rolleyes:

2. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

lol! Hey, controler! Some programs throw up "nag screens" when you're trialing them - SpyCop is evidently just sending you to their site.

(I don't approve of that practice, BTW - even though it's noted here: http://spycop.com/faq.htm#SpyCop%20Trial%20Version ).

The "trial" version of SpyCop is the software's greatest weakness - and it's what keeps more people from actually buying the program than anything else.

I don't know why they won't change their stance on what the trial program does/doesn't do/how it does it - but they won't.

I only trialed it once, long enough to make sure my (then) system was compatible with the program - then immediately purchased it (based entirely on Paul's review of the program on the old site) and I've been happy with it ever since.

It's improved greatly since those days, speed-wise and I look for nothing except for it to continue to improve - it wouldn't be on this machine, checked for updates every day and run daily if that weren't the case. Pete

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

Response to my inquiry to SpyCop about the above:

"Hello Pete,
       When the trial version is closed, a standard Windows popup is displayed asking
    if you'd like to purchase. Clicking No exits without opening a browser to our
    web site, but clicking Yes will. It's completely optional. There is no "Hi-
    jack" or anything occuring, the browser is simply being opened to a web page." Pete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.