Spoofing Attack?

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by aigle, Mar 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I installed trial of Panda security few days back, and sometimes when i go to internet , it gives me the following message.

I wonder as far as I know spoofing means to cheat surfers by showing fake sites as original. I am surprized when I have just started surfing and I had hardly opened one site, how it is possible that I have got a spoofing attack.

Also I have used NIS and Kerio before andf neither of them gave me any warning like this. Does this mean that they were not covering this thing. BTW, i do safge surfing and have not got any spoofing even without a firewall, as far as I think.

Attached Files:

2. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

127.0.0.1 is the loopback address and refers to your own computer. Any software reporting an "intrusion" from this address is giving you a false positive. Most likely you are running a local proxy (either a web filter like Proxomitron or an anti-virus web traffic scanner like NOD32's IMON) which Panda doesn't recognise. It may be that you can configure Panda not to report on such events, but their documentation (and their technical support) would be the best source of advice on this.

3. aigle

aigle Registered Member

Ya, I am using proxy server.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.