Spanner Speaks !

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Spanner intheWorks, Dec 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rita

Rita Infrequent Poster

Hi Spanner
    your posts sound fine to me :)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

The most important point regarding the problem with the use of such short-hand typing style here is what Oremina said in this post...

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=328456

Between one third and one half of the members here are not native English speaking peoples. Your writing style depends much upon the reader being able to interpret or even sound out the short-hand and convert it back into understandable words. Occasionally, when such people hit phrases or sentences that they can't understand, they would try to use an online language translator, which of course could never make any sense out of your short-hand.

Also said by Oremina:

3. big ed

big ed Registered Member

Hey Spanner, Me too!

Now if I only could get up to speed in deciphering the talking heads on the BBC or Football matches w/o having to use closed captions I would be happy.

Confused in the Colonies, big ed

4. Jimbob1989

Jimbob1989 Registered Member

Although a teenager myself who often uses this style of lingo while communicating through online messengers and text messages. If you choose to help people as well as collect information and knowledge here at wilders, members would no doubt appreciate it if your messages are as clear and understandable as possible.

Jimbob

5. Notok

Notok Registered Member

Just a note of encouragment for ya.. We have to use our own form of shorthand at my work to pack as much information as possible into 255 characters, and I have found myself having to focus on not slipping into that at times, so I know how it is. With some effort, however, it becomes easier and easier. Spend some extra time proof-reading your posts and eventually you'll get faster at it.. the effort is worth it in more ways than just the one discussed here :)

6. ~*Nat*~

~*Nat*~ Registered Member

Spanners posting has shown that this very unique and fun soul with the "accent", stood up for himself with dignity and understanding.
    But he took the "critic" of his "style" as a poster that won't bend down, but yet
    remains respectful enough - and strong enough, to be a welcomed member of
    Wilders for a long while to come, I'm sure of.

His statements, without the, ahem, too many shortcuts show intelligence and how articulate he really is.

Well *thumbs up* Mr.P :) ;)

Cheesy sounding but true...and those are My few pennies to this thread.

7. wildman

wildman Registered Member

:) I think I said it before, there are many personalities who post here at Wilders. We can not expect them all to be the same. I for one am glad for the diversity and for the most part enjoy the various post and the individual styles. It is fun (at least for me) to try and picture the individual behind the post. So I say welcome Mr. P and post on.

Thanks
    wildman
    :D :cool: ;) :D

8. bigbuck

bigbuck Registered Member

Each to their own.......when I find stuff too difficult to read....I just scroll down!!

9. nadirah

nadirah Registered Member

On this forum I only read posts with good English.

10. dog

dog Guest

What R U saying here. I'll check back L8R ... & try and figure it out, K ppls. o_O :D ~teasing~

11. ~*Nat*~

LOL...I can't help it, but he made his point right There !
    Too funny ! :D

12. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Ur style is certainly spatial Mr.P! :cool:

That's not wut struck me when I first noticed ur posts here....in all honesty, I presumed u someone else. Thinking....I know this joker! There can b no denying, review of the content (once I got thru the fun of running along with your mobile code :D ) provided some valuble information. ;)

I know I'm not the only 1 who noticed ur contributions 2 the 4rums, even if the response was low. I take it....they didn't know wut 2 make! In agreement, the 1's who don't have the tolerence and understanding, or who r riding their glorified
    "high horse" on wuts acceptable....let them miss out! Ignoring ppl based on poor communication is outright rude.

2 me, there has been nuthing unprofessional about the seriousness of your intentions....2 help people on a global basis, become prepared for the pitfalls we all face.

I appreciate ur genuine heartfelt consideration addressing this matter Mr.P. Pls don't change 2 much. ;)
    I find u both n entertaining, n accomodating gentleman.... [​IMG]

U have my hands-down support!

GF

Last edited: Dec 21, 2004
  13. ~*Nat*~

GF..your sympathy has touched my heart, it brought a tear to my eyes....truly...

:) ;)

14. TheQuest

TheQuest Registered Member

Hi, GlobalForce

Same here I thought he Spanner intheWorks was the on Fire member. ;)

Take Care,
    TheQuest :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.