SPAM-BOT and TimeWarner

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by Stocklone, Jan 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stocklone

Stocklone Registered Member

I got kicked off Time-Warner today. I had a SPAM-BOT infected computer on the network Sunday. I fixed it with a combination of ESET Smart Secruity, SUPERAnti Spyware and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. While this computer was on the network, I had ESET running on all of my machines. I had the firewall up too but the since it was on my network physically, I imagine it would be considered a trusted source. At no point did ESET say anything. My firewall has logs for problems on that night but nothing after that night. None of these same programs are finding anything on my machines. ESET has not quarantined anything. I haven't seen any unusual activity on the network monitor since I got back online. You think if this thing hopped around to other computers, ESET would have responded in some way or another. Logged something. Anything. My only other machines on the network today that weren't running Windows 7 were a moddel Xbox (the original, not 360) and an Ubuntu netbook. Is it possible they are kicking me off today for something that happened Sunday? Am I missing something?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

Hello Stocklone,

Have you looked up their terms of use or user agreement to see what areas may have been violated? There could be any number of reasons for that outcome. First step, I would recommend contacting them or seeking information from their site.

Thank you,
    Richard

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.