Sounds in NOD32 Ver 621 ?

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Darth AkSarBen, Feb 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth AkSarBen

Darth AkSarBen Registered Member

I notice that if you open up the advanced configurations, that there is a spot in there for sounds in the notifications. However, I have not heard the sound, nor are they listed in the default folder where NOD32 was installed.

In Control Panel/ Sounds and Audio Devices/ Sounds there is no listing for any sound to associate with NOD32 events. Hmmm would be nice to have "Intruder Alert" like they have on Star Trek.:D

2. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

i hear no sound since eav and ess beta release
    i think this feature enable in v4:D

3. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Same for me... I was wondering why no sounds are played... However this not the most important....

4. Darth AkSarBen

It is kind of odd that it is checkmarked as default, yet not a peep if something happens. Other that I have had, Avast! had a siren that went off if it detected a threat. I'm sure it will take care of things with or without sound, but why have the box marked if there is nothing to it, or there is nothing to changes,(as in sounds)?

5. proactivelover

proactivelover Registered Member

oh yes i hear it too in 636 and delete a virus there was a beep

6. Darth AkSarBen

Well, you two have version 636. In the American (English) version, we only have version 621, so might be a difference there. If you look in : Control Panel/ Sounds and Audio Devices/ Sounds, (this is were sound are found in Windows XP) you might see some listing under the events where NOD32 is mentioned?

7. ASpace

ASpace Guest

@Darth AkSarBen

3.0.636 is NOT a public version . All available versions on the Internet come from unreliable sourses and it is recommended that you keep the public 3.0.621 version

What you report is known issue which ESET have chosen to fix in next builds . When newer version is ready , ESET will announce it here and on their site eset.com :thumb:

8. Philippe_FR22

Philippe_FR22 Registered Member

Hello,

No, sorry, not ESET related to entries in : Control Panel/ Sounds and Audio Devices/ Sounds...
    I have NOD32 v3.0.642 FR
    If somebody has some informations about NOD32 and sounds...

Regards

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.