something missing?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by cerBer, Sep 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

I am talking about v.2.05

First, it is 'panic' button or 'stop all activity. It is actually very useful in many cases, much easier to use firewall's right click menu than unplug the network cable.

Another thing is 'trusted zone' option (from analogy to ZA).
    There are certain applications that have no reason whatsoever to connect to Internet, yet they require server rights on the local network. In this case, excluding local computers IP's is not enough, it will still cause these appications to crash, so the only easy solution is to 'authorize', which will grant Internet access too. 'Trusted zone' concept, like in ZA, completely solves this, without allowin Internet access.

Of course, ZA options to separate 'access' from 'server activity' is also extremenly useful, but may be not so simple to implement.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2006
  2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

You can create a rule that blocks everything (like the last one of the ruleset) and put it at the top of your ruleset.
    By clicking on the green checkbox on the left of that rule you can block everything or allow everything with a single click.

Open the IP/Port dialog box for these applications and specify the IP address they are allowed to connect to (for instance 192.168.0.1-192.168.0.255).
    Also for the server rule you have to create on the internet filtering side, be sure to have specified only these IPs to trigger the rule.

Regards,

Frederic

3. cerBer

cerBer Registered Member

Thanks. Sure, I can do that - same as disable internet traffic in some other ways, too.
    What I was suggesting is right click menu 'block everything' option for LnS tray icon.
    Thanks, but I was trying to say that for somebody who often connects to different networks, it could be much easier to just select 'trusted' or 'internet', instead of manually identifying IP's, and then creating new rules or manually modifying existing ones.
    That is just too boring thing to do, and useless, too. 'Trusted zone' concept + auto identifying new networks seems a useful option.

4. Dina

Dina Registered Member

yes. i think the right click option may be nice too. if its not too much to add.

i love your program,

thanks

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.