Something Is Killing My Spyware Guard

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by Bammer4, Aug 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bammer4

Bammer4 Registered Member

My Spyware Guard icon is missing from my sys tray. When I click on SG in my Programs file to update, the icon appears for a fleeting second and then disappears. I have run and updateded SG for years but now I cannot get it to start. This is definately something new.

Any ideas?

Bammer

2. Tassie_Devils

Tassie_Devils Global Moderator

Hi Bammer, welcome to forums. :)

OK, this happens time to time with various people, myself included where the SG disappears from SysTray.

But, if you open Task Manager/Processes, you will more than likely find that the 2 processes are still running. [SGMAIN.EXE/SGBHP.EXE]

Only recently I/some others, narrowed it down to WormGuard [do you have that installed] but of course there could still be other reasons.

Now, you could simply click on the Processes and End Process on them, then restart SG.

As to the part where you say:
    ...this is slightly confusing because the defs are quite old, Jan 22/2004, and have not been updated since that time by the author.

Anyhow, let us know if you run WG or if SG is actually running but just the Icon is not in SysTray. :)

Cheers, TAS

edit: I've moved it to Javacool's section 'SpywareBlaster and Other' for better attention. :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.